Caramel apple pudding
A tasty caramel apple pudding, that the family will love. A pudding filled with apple and a soft batter and a caramel sauce.
- 5 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored, sliced into 1cm thick
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 200 mls milk
- 150 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 2 lge eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly butter a baking dish.
- Place apples in the baking dish. Sift flour and baking powder into the bowl. Add caster sugar, milk, butter and, eggs, then beat until pale with a hand mixer. Spread mixture over the apples.
- Place brown sugar, golden syrup and 300 mls boiling hot water in a jug and stir till sugar is dissolved and then pour over the batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden. Serve with cream or ice cream.