My take on tomato and chorizo risotto
A great tasting risotto with the added taste of tomato and chorizo.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 400 grams chorizo sausage (about 2)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 350 grams aborio rice
- 400 gram can chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre hot chicken stock
- 86 grams frozen peas
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and cook the chorizo for 1 minute until some of the oil starts to come out. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute. Add the vinegar and tin tomatoes, stir well.
- Add a ladle of hot stock and allow the stock to cook down before adding another ladle at a time until all the stock is absorbed into the rice. Add the peas and spinach when adding the last ladle of stock, and keep cooking until the rice is cooked. Turn off and stir the parmesan. Serve in bowls and add extra parmesan on top.