- 125 grams butter softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/1/2 cup ripe banana mashed about 4 medium bananas
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp hot milk
- 2 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pre heat oven 180C . Grease a 20 cm round cake tin and line base with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mix well.
- Add mashed banana and mix thoroughly.
- Stir baking soda into hot milk and add to creamed mixture.
- Sift flour & baking powder, fold into mix.
- Turn into prepared tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cake rack. .
- When cold ice with what ever flavoured icing you want, or whip up cream and add sliced banana.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!