- 2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cup caster sugar or white sugar
- 1 cup veg oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup carrot grated
- 1 cup desiccated coconut or flaked
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 250g tub cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cup icing sugar
- vanilla extract few drops
- Pre heat oven 180 C or 350 F. Line and grease a 9 " x 13" round cake tin with baking paper.
- Remove butter and cream cheese from fridge to allow it to soften.Wash and peel carrots, grate carrots. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.Stir in cinnamon.Beat the eggs, add sugar. Add flour mixture to egg mixture gradually. Add oil and vanilla mix till combined. Stir in grated carrots, coconut and finally the walnuts.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cake is no longer moist in the center and begins to pull away from edges of the pan. Frosting - Beat cream cheese with the butter and few drops of vanilla. When completely mixed add icing sugar until it is a spreadable consistency. Frost cake while still slightly warm.
- Beat cream cheese with the butter and few drops of vanilla. When completely mixed add icing sugar until it is a spreadable consistency. Frost cake while still slightly warm.