Potato skins with beef mince and chorizo
- 1.5 kg potatoes any type you have
- cooking spray
- 3/4 cup tasty cheese grated
- 1 whole avocado mashed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 stems green shallots cut diagonally
- 3 chorizo sausage sliced
- 1 whole brown onion finely chopped
- 1 small red capscium chopped
- 500 grams beef mince
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 410 gram tomato can
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 410 gram 5 bean mix can
- Pre- heat oven to 180 C-200 C . Prick potatoes all over and put into oven and bake for 60 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut potatoes in half and leaving a 5 cm boarder scoop out flesh, making sure you don't pierce the skin. Cut potato again to form quarters. Place on a tray . Spray with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and crispy. I used the potato flesh and mashed it and put it in the centre of the potato skins.
- Slice the chorizo sausage and cook till golden. Remove chorizo and set aside. Cook beef mince in same pan and cook till mince is cooked. Add onion and garlic to mince cook for till soft. Add capscium and cook. Add chilli flakes, coriander, cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes,beef stock, beans and cooked chorizo sausage. Cook for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Arrange the potato skins around a plate and put the mashed potato flesh in the middle. Add the beef mince around the mashed potato. add mashed avocado and layer on top. Add grated tasty cheese and garnish with sliced shallots.You can put this on a large round dish and put under a grill to melt cheese . Enjoy
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!