- 2 large egg plants
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tsp moroccan seasoning
- 300 grams lamb mince
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 3/4 cup tomato passata
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 100 grams feta cheese
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- olive oil spray
- Pre- heat oven 200 C. Halve egg plant length ways. Cut a 1 cm border around the edge of each egg plant. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. Chop.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Cook onion for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and Moroccan seasoning. Cook stirring for 30 seconds. Add the chopped egg plant, cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add mince. Cook stirring with a wooden spoon to break up lumps for 5 minutes or until mince changes colour. Stir in passata, rice and stock. Season
- Place eggplant shells on a lightly greased oven tray and fill with the mince mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes .
- Uncover sprinkle feta cheese on top and spray with olive oil. Cook a further 15 minutes or until eggplant is tender and the top is golden. If you don't have feta cheese you can use what ever cheese you like.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!