Sweet and Spicy Chicken Nibbles
- 1 kg chicken nibbles skin on
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 2 tsp sea salt
- oil to deep fry
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 piece shallot diced diagonally for garnish
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds lightly toasted
- asian greens to taste
- Add enough oil to a saucepan to reach a depth of 8 cm. Heat to 180C over med high heat.Put chicken nibbles and cornflour and salt in a bag and toss to coat. Shake off excess. Cook chicken in batches for 10-12 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Place on a tray lined with baking paper and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add water, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, honey and rice vinegar to a pan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce to low and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in sesame seeds and chilli flakes. Serve with rice. Asian greens and shallots.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!