- 3 tsp dried yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 300 ml tepid water
- 3 cups plain flour
- 3 tbsp oil canola or veg
- In a bowl pour in the tepid water, add the yeast and sugar mix together than put cling film over bowl leave to set for 5 minutes
- Put flour, salt and oil in bowl mix together than make a well in the center than pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix with your hand and when all combined take out of bowl and knead dough for about 5 minutes. If mix is too wet and sticky add more flour, if mix is too dry add more liquid.
- Once dough is nice and pliable put back into a floured bowl and allow to rise for 40-60 minutes. Make sure you put a clean cling film over the bowl and put the bowl somewhere warm to rise.
- When the dough has risen, punch the dough down with a fist and knead dough for 2-3 minutes then put onto a tray covered with baking paper allow to rise again, once risen cook in a hot oven 220C for 20 minutes.
- Notice times will vary oven. Bread is cooked when you tap it and it has a hollow sound. Put bread on a cake tray to cool.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!