Chicken and pumpkin bake
- 500 grams pumpkin cut into 4cm pieces
- ½ cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 rashers streaky bacon trimmed, chopped
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped
- 6 chicken thigh fillets quartered
- Pre-heat oven 220C/200C fan forced. Arrange cauliflower and pumpkin in a roasting dish. In a small saucepan, heat cream over medium heat. Remove from heat and whisk in cheese and mustard. Pour over veges. Bake uncovered in oven for 20-25 minutes or until veges are tender. In a fry pan cook bacon till golden. In another bowl add bacon to breadcrumbs and parmesan and half the chives. Mix together.
- In same fry pan add oil and cook chicken until browned. Remove veges from oven and add chicken mix to combine. Top with bacon and breadcrumb mix and put back into oven until browned on top. Can enjoy on it’s own or salad leaves.