- 500 grams lamb mince
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 3 tbsp romesco sauce ( left over from a previous dish but you can use what ever you like)
- 2 tbsp chicken stock
- bunch fresh oregano cut slightly mix into lamb mixture after cooked
- 1 egg whisk lightly and brush on top
- 3 cups plain flour
- tsp ½salt
- 80 grams butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup water
- PASTRY: In a food processor add flour and salt and butter and whizz until combined. Add egg and water and whizz until mixture comes together. Press dough into a disc and wrap in cling wrap and put in fridge for 30 minutes or until required.
- In a large saucepan cook mince until cooked about 5-10 minutes on high heat. Turn down heat to medium heat. Add onion, garlic and spices and cooked until onion softened. Add sauce and stock and cook for 3 minutes. When all cooked fold through oregano and put into a bowl to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line trays with baking paper. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured wok surface until 2 mm thick. Cut out 20 20x 12cm circles.
- Place 1½ tbsp of filling in centre of each pastry circle. Brush the edges with a little cold water, then fold over pastry to form a half moon. Crimp edges together, then fold over pinching to form petals.
- I am new to this so used youtube to help me make the petals. Give it a go. Quite satisfying when it works. Place on trays and chill in fridge for 15 minutes to firm up slightly. Brush with egg and bake in oven for 35-40 minutes or until a nice golden colour.
- Enjoy with any salsas or sauces you like.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!