Cheesecake Ice Cream
Makes about ten 1/2-cup servings. This recipe is for an ice cream machine.
- 450 grams low fat cream cheese cut into 2.5cm pieces, at room temperature
- 420 ml fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup fat free half-and-half See notes.
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- Place cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in a medium bowl. Use a hand mixer (about 1 to 2 minutes on low speed) or a whisk to mix until smooth.
- Stir in the half-and-half and extracts. If not freezing immediately, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Turn on ice cream maker and pour in ingredients. Allow to mix and freeze until desired serving consistency is reached.
- Begin checking consistency after 12 to 15 minutes of freezing. If ice cream is not thick enough, pour back into the freezer bowl and continue mixing/freezing until desired consistency is reached, checking every few minutes.
- Serve in cups or cones, adding mix-ins while dispensing ice cream.
Half-and-half is a term used for half full cream and half whole milk mixed together. This ice cream is great for moulding into shapes it holds very well due to the thickness of the mix. Picture shown has Cheesecake icecream with frozen raspberry coulis centre, thin chocolate base and covered in a mirror glaze.