Moist Banana Bread
- 4 very ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 9 x 5 –inch loaf pan, or spray with cooking spray
- Place the bananas in a large mixing bowl and mash them with a fork. Add the coconut oil and sugar to the bananas, and beat with a fork or an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, on low speed with the mixer (or using a rubber spatula or fork) just until well-incorporated, but do not overmix, which will yield a tough banana bread. Stir in the chocolate chips, if using. Scrape the coconut banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for about 55 minutes until a wooden skewer or a sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn out of the pan and finish cooling upright on the wire rack.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!