Pork & lentil Cassoulet
- 350 grams pork shoulder 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 large onion cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 400 gram tin tomatoes
- 4 medium carrots cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 1 tin brown lentils drained
- 1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp beef
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Trim fat from pork. Cut meat into 3/4-inch cubes. In a large nonstick skillet brown pork, onion, and garlic in hot oil. Transfer mixture to a 3-1/2- or 4-quart crockery cooker. Add the water, undrained tomatoes, carrots and/or parsnips, celery, lentils, rosemary, bouillon granules, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 hours. Garnish with a fresh rosemary sprigs, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!