- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 800 grams chicken thing fillets thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Jasmine rice to serve
- 2 cucumber sliced with potato peeler
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, stirring, until golden. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add onion to wok or pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Return chicken to pan.
- Add soy sauce. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add sugar. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is bubbling. Add fish sauce and juice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until sauce thickens.
- Serve with pickled cucumber and rice.
- Place vinegar, sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Add cucumber. Stir to combine. Set aside to cool completely. Stir in onion.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!