Mixed Fruit Compote Sponge Pudding
An easy dessert of mixed fruit compote and vanilla sponge pudding. Great for when the nights are getting cooler outside.
- 4 granny smith apples peeled, cored & chopped
- 1 pear peeled, cored & chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed frozen fruit
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tbsp water 2
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- thick cream to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C. Lightly grease 4 sized round ceramic dishes. Place all the fruit in a saucepan with half the sugar and water. Cook. Stirring, on Medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until apple is tender. Drain excess liquid. Spoon fruit mix into prepared dishes. In a bowl using electric mixer, beat eggs until fluffy. Add remaining sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, beating until thick and creamy. Beat in vanilla. Sift flour and spice together over batter. Fold gently through batter. Pour over hot fruit mix. Bake for 20 minutes or until sponge is cooked when tested with a skewer. Serve hot with cream.