Roast Lime chicken with mashed potato, silverbeet & carrots
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 25 grams unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup 60ml lime juice
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 chicken marylands
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 500 grams potatoes peeled, cut for boiling
- 4 carrots peeled, cut on diagonal
- 2 cups silver beet washed, cut
- Combine garlic,ginger, butter and 2 tbsp lime juice and 1 tbsp soy sauce in a bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Drain chicken , reserving marinade, and pat dry. Place on a baking paper lined baking tray and roast, basting with the reserved marinade every 15 minutes, for 1 hour or until golden and cooked through (cover with foil if browning too quickly).
- Mean while while chicken is cooking peel and cut potatoes. Cook in a large saucepan, than mash potatoes. Cut silver beet and carrots and steam veg until cooked. Serve chicken with mashed potato, silver beet ,carrots
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!