Lemongrass Chicken Skewers
- 2 tbsp lemongrass finely chopped
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp coriander root & stem chopped
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 chicken thigh fillets cut into 3 cm cubes
- 2 fresh mangoes or tin mango
- 1 medium red onion finely chopped
- 1 medium red capscuim chopped small
- 1 medium green capscium chopped small
- 2 spring onion cut diagonally for garnish on top
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers in water Place lemongrass, sugar, garlic, fish sauce, coriander root & stem and onion in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add oil. Process until combined.
- Cut chicken into 3 cm cubes and put into a bowl adding the mix and mix till combined. Refrigerate for 2 hours if time permits.
- Thread chicken onto skewers. Preheat a bbq grill on medium heat. Cook for 10-12 mins or until lightly charred and chicken is cooked through.
- Cut mango in to small pieces. Cut red onion and capsicums. Put all ingredients into a small bowl. Season to taste and add green onion garnish on top. Serve skewers on a bed of rice with the mango salsa on top.