Mustard & Apple Chicken drumstick Bake
- 8 chicken drum sticks skin on
- 2 rashers bacon finely chopped
- 1 brown onion cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup apple juice or apple cidera
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 20 grams butter
- 2 red apples cored, cut into wedges
- Pre heat oven to 180 C. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken drumsticks for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a baking dish. Add the bacon and onion to the pan. Cook stirring, for 2 minutes or until onion softens. Add garlic and cook for 30 secs or until fragrant. Add apple juice or apple cider. Bring to the boil. Cook stirring , for 5 minutes or until liquid reduces by half. Add mustard, stock, cream and oregano. Bring to the boil. Pour over chicken. Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly. Meanwhile, melt the butter in the frying pan over high heat. Add the apple and cook, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until caramelised. Transfer to a bowl. Add apple to chicken mixture. Bake for 5 minutes or until just tender. Season. Serve with steamed green veges or brown rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!