This is a recipe I got from Munaty Cooking. It is a refreshing and quite moist cake.A great cake for the warmer days ahead.
Lemon Blueberry Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour + 1 tbsp to mix with blueberries
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup butter milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C. Line a 9 'x 5' loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder. Add the lemon zest and mix well. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add the whole egg, egg white and vanilla, beat until fluffy. Add the butter, sugar and buttermilk, beat to combine.
- Add the flour to the wet ingredients and beat on low to combine. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Add 1 tbsp to the blueberries and mix, then add the blueberries to the batter and fold gently for a few seconds.
- Pour the batter in to the prepared loaf tin. Bake for 40 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Take out the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- When cool make an easy icing and ice to of the cake. Allow to set and then cut into slices.