Spicy Lamb Meatballs in a Curry Sauce
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- 1 tin brown lentils drained
- 750 grams lamb mince
- 1 medium brown onion grated
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 400g tin tomatoes diced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- steamed basmati rice to serve
- Drain lentils and then put in a large bowl. Add mince, onion and basil Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on a plate.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add tomato, stock and 1/4 cup water. Bring to the boil. Add meatballs. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and sauce thickens.
- Spoon steamed rice into bowls. Spoon over meatballs and sauce. Serve with basil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!