Pork and Sweet Potato Red Curry
- 1/4 cup store brought Thai red curry paste
- 1 kg pork neck or shoulder trimmed and cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger finely grated
- 8 kaffir lime leaves lightly crushed
- 2 cups (500mls) coconut cream
- 2 cups (500mls) chicken stock
- 700 grams sweet potato peeled & sliced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- steamed jasmine rice cook from packet directions
- 2 heads broccoli cut & steamed
- 2 spring onions cut thinly and made into flower for garnish, store in fridge for onion to curl
- Heat a large deep non stick frying pan or wok over medium high heat. Add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the pork and cook, stirring for 4 minutes or until the pork is well coated. Add the ginger, lime leaf, coconut cream and stock and simmer, covered for 20 minutes. Add the sweet potato, cover and simmer for a further 15 minutes or until the pork and sweet potato are cooked.
- While this is happening cook your broccoli for 3-4 minutes making sure it retains it;s colour. Stir through the lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar. Spoon the curry into bowls and rice and broccoli and garnish on top with spring onion.