Persian Inspired Rice with Chicken, Sweet Potato, corn and Peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 chicken thigh fillets cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 4 whole green cardamon pods crushed
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp saffron threads
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup corn kernels either 420g tin or 2 corn cobs kernels taken off cobs
- 2 whole sweet potatoes peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups White rice
- Heat oil in a large pan over high heat. Add half the chicken , cook turning , for 5 minutes or until brown all over. Transfer to a bowl Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Add the onion and ginger, stirring for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the cumin, paprika, cardamon, cinnamon and saffron, cook stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. Return the chicken with the white rice, sweet potato and peas and stock and stir to combine. Turn down heat and cook in pan covered for 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!