Roasted Whole Chicken (Tongdak gui)
This is a recipe I got from YouTube. It is a Korean roasted whole chicken. I was looking for a marinade to put on a whole chicken that was easy to make and tasted fantastic. This recipe was so easy and the chicken was so lovely.
- 1 whole chicken , washed, pat dry with paper towel
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 30 grams butter, melted to baste chicken
- baking twine, to tie the legs together
- Preheat oven to 350F- 180 C. Have a roasting dish and a rack to put chicken on. Put all marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well. With the chicken, wash and pat dry outside and the inside with paper towel. With the marinade, rub a the mixture all over the chicken and inside the cavity. Put on the roasting tray and baste the butter on the chicken and cook for one hour. After one hour, take out from the oven, turn over and baste the other side of the chicken and cook for another hour. The butter will give the chicken a golden colour. Once cooked take out of the roasting tray and allow to rest on a plate. Cover with foil. When ready to serve the chicken should fall apart.