A spicy Mexican inspired beef mince dish. You can serve this with rice and a guacamole.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 1 green capscium, chopped
- 600 grams beef mince
- 1/4 or 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 400 gram tins chopped tomato
- 1 tin red kidney beans, drained
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion is softened. Add mince. Cook, stirring, with a wooden spoon, for 8 minutes or until browned.
- Add green capscium ,chilli powder, coriander and oregano. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring, for 25 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add beans. Simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.