600 grams pork belly
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
orange rind from one orange
2 tbsp fresh ginger
1/2 cup cooking sake
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup chicken stock
- Cut pork belly into bite sized cubes.
- Heat oil in a large deep non-stick fry pan over high heat.
- Add pork and brown.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Wipe out pan with paper towel.
- Add garlic, ginger, chilli sauce, orange rind, soy sauce, sake and stock. Bring to a simmer.
- Return pork to pan, cover and simmer for 50 minutes or until pork is tender and sauce has reduced.
- Serve with rice and Asian vegetables.