1 packet plain biscuits
10 Tbsp butter, melted
3 Tbsp caster sugar
250 grams cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 fresh mangoes or 3 tins mango, 1 cheek for decoration
200 mls thickened cream, whipped
2 Tbsp unflavored gelatin
2 Tbsp warm water
- Crush biscuits by hand, or use a food processor. Put biscuit crumbs into a bowl and add melted butter. Mix till combined. Add mix to base of a 8 inch round spring form cake tin. Spread the base mix and smooth out with a spoon.
- Remove flesh from fresh mangoes or tin mangoes and place in a blender. Pulse for a few seconds and then blend on high for one minute.
- In a separate bowl, combine gelatine and water, Mix until they are combined. Add sugar and gelatin to the mango mixture . Stir until everything is incorporated . Set the mixture aside.
- Add the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract to a separate a bowl. Mix together with a electric mixer, until smooth .
- Using an electric mixer or whisk, beat the cream for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the whipped cream. Using a spatula, fold everything together so it is well combined and smooth.
- Add the cheese mixture over the biscuit base, so it comes 3/4 way to the top. Smooth out using a spatula.
Spoon the mango puree over the top and smooth it out. Slice the fourth mango into pieces and decorate on top of the mango puree.