2 Tbsp vegetable oil
3 chicken breasts fillets, sliced
4 eschallots, thinly sliced
1/4 cup red curry paste
400 gram can coconut milk
2 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar
200 grams snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
steamed jasmine rice, to serve
1/4 cup fried shallots
1 bunch Thai basil, leaves removed
1 long red chilli,thinly sliced, to serve
3 kaffir lime leaves
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a deep frying pan over medium high heat. Cook chicken in batches for 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Shred rind of 2 oranges, remove pith and segment. Juice remaining orange. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in frying pan and cook eschallots for 2 minutes or until softened. Add curry paste and orange rind and cook for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, orange juice, fish sauce, brown sugar and lime leaves. Stir until combined and mixture comes to the boil.Simmer for 2 minutes. Return chicken to pan with snow peas. Cook for 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Add orange segments.
- Spoon rice into serving bowls. Top with curry, fried shallots, Thai basil and red chilli.