A easy breakfast to start your day
1 cup milk
125 grams unsalted butter, chopped
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup plain flour
vegetable oil for deep frying
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Chocolate dipping sauce
395 gram tin condensed milk
200 grams dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- Put milk, butter and sugar in a medium heavy based saucepan over a low heat and stir until butter is melted and mixture comes to the boil. Add flour and stir vigorously until mixture comes away for sides of pan and forms a ball. Transfer mixture to a food processor.
- Add 1 egg to processor and pulse until well combined. Add remaining eggs, 1 at a time processing well after each addition, until dough is thick and glossy.
- Fit a piping bag with a large 10mm star nozzle. Put dough in piping bag. Half fill a large pan with oil and put over a medium heat. When a small piece of bread browns in 10 seconds, oil is at correct temperature. Carefully pipe a few 10 cm lengths of dough into hot oil, snipping dough off with a pair of scissors. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Carefully remove churros from oil with a slotted spoon and transfer to an oven tray lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Combine caster sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, add churros, 1 at a time, and roll in sugar mixture. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Chocolate dipping sauce. Combine condensed milk and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until mixture is smooth and chocolate is melted. Pour mixture into a serving bowl. Serve churros with chocolate dipping sauce.