Make these easy, home made chocolates for any occasion . Create your own fillings and flavours and colours.
8 oz white dipping chocolate
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup evaporated milk
2 cups miniature marshmallow or 20 large marshmallows
3 tsp flavour extract (strawberry, lemon, peppermint etc)
2 drops food colouring ( or more to get your desired colour)
- For the filling , put the 8 ounces of white dipping chocolate and the butter in a large, heat resistant bowl.
- on the stove in a large pan, add the 2 cups of sugar, 3/4 cup evaporated milk, and marshmallows. Heat over medium high , stirring frequently. Bring to a boil. Once the mixture boils, keep stirring and boiling for five more minutes.
- Remove form the heat and pour over the butter and white dipping chocolate. Stir until everything is melted and smooth. Mixture should look like thick frosting.
- If desired , add flavoring and colour now. Use 3 teaspoons of any flavor extract you like for the whole batch. Or split up the fondant and use the proportional amount of flavoring. Add drops of food colouring to match the flavor.
- When the fondant is cool enough to handle, spoon into a disposable piping bag. Either cut a medium sized hole in the bottom of the bag and just squeeze .
- Gently squeeze the fondant into each of your chocolate molds. Press down any filling sticking up.
- Use a spoon to carefully pour melted chocolate over the filling to the top of the mold. Let cool for at least 30 minutes (preferably longer) before removing from molds. Will keep at room temperature for several days.