A quick easy sweet and sour pork mince mid week meal.
225 gram can pineapple pieces in natural juice
2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
500 grams pork mince
3cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1/2 red capscium, roughly chopped
1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
2 tsp cornflour
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp tomato sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup oyster sauce
4 cups steamed rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Stir fry mince , for 5 minutes, breaking up lumps and until browned.
- Add garlic, ginger ans sweet chilli sauce. Stir fry for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add carrot and capscium. Stir fry for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Mean while blend cornflour with 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Combine reserved pineapple juice, sugar, vinegar,oyster sauce, tomato sauce and soy sauce in a separate bowl.
- Add soy sauce mixture to mince mixture . Stir fry for 1 minute or until mince is coated. Add cornflour mixture. Stir fry for 2 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat.
- Add pineapple and lettuce. Toss to combine. Serve pork mixture on rice.