For a nice beef mince dish, topped with a creamy potato mash. A good easy meal for the cooler days.
1 kg beef mince
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 courgette, diced
2 carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 Tbsp tomato paste
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 – 1 cup beef stock
6 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cut
- In a non stick pan, cook beef until all cooked through and no lumps.
- Add garlic and onion and cook for 5 minutes, till onion is soft. Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and mix well. Add vegetables and stock and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables have softened. Set aside to cool.
- Peel potatoes, cut and put into a pot, add water and 1 teaspoon of salt. Cook potatoes until cooked and soft. Drain water and mash , add butter and than milk.
- Pre heat oven to 180C and cook in oven until a nice golden colour on top and 30 minutes, or to your liking.
- You can either cook this a one large dish or, like me I cooked in ramekins. Put the cooked mince into the ramekin, fill half way and top with creamy potato mash and if you like some grated cheese.
- Serve with crusty bread rolls .