These easy tarts have a salted caramel chocolate flavour.
1 1/3 cups plain flour
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 Tbsp caster sugar
125 grams butter, chilled
2 1/2 Tbsp chilled water
1 tsp white vinegar
200 grams dark chocolate, chopped
125 mls cream
- Caramel Filling
1 380 gram tin Nestle top in fill caramel
Pinch of sea salt flakes, plus extra to sprinkle
- Process flour, cocoa powder and sugar in a food processor until combined. Add the butter and process until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Combine the iced water and vinegar in a bowl. With the motor running, gradually add the vinegar mixture to the flour mixture until the dough comes together. Shape into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for 15 mins.
- Roll out pastry until 3-4mm thick. Cut eight 11cm discs from the pastry. Roll excess and repeat to make another 3 discs. Line eight 8.5cm base fluted tart tins with pastry. Chill for 15 min
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan. Place tins on a large baking tray. Line with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 12 mins. Remove paper and weights or rice. Bake for 15 mins or until golden brown. Cool in the tins on a wire rack.
- To make the caramel filling, place caramel in a small bowl and stir in salt. Spoon into 4 tart shells.
- Place chocolate in a medium bowl. Bring cream to the boil in a small saucepan. Pour over chocolate. Stand for 5 mins. Gently whisk until combined. Pour into tart shells. Sprinkle caramel tarts with a little salt. Stand in a cool place for 2-3 hrs or until set.