A spicy chicken stir-fry. I changed some of the ingredients for this dish, so I am hoping that it will become a dish you will want to make every week.
Ingredients Chicken marinade
4 chicken thigh fillets, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
2 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp sesame oil
- OTHER INGREDIENTS
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
2 tsp garlic, minced
3 scallions, sliced at an angle
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp hot chilli sauce with a mix of dried chilli flakes
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 long red chilli sliced with seeds
- Add the chicken to a bowl, along with 2 tablespoons of water. Use your hands to massage the water into the chicken until it is absorbed. Add the rest of the marinade ingredients to the chicken, mix well and set aside.
- Heat your wok until almost smoking, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Spread the chicken one layer deep, and let sear for about 20 seconds. Turn the chicken and let the other side sear for another 20 seconds. Then immediately transfer back into the marinade bowl.
- Add another tablespoon of oil and ginger to the wok, let caramelize for 10 seconds. Working quickly, stir in the garlic and scallions. After 15 seconds, add the seared chicken and any juices from the bowl.
- The wok should be on the highest heat and should be searing not for this next step. Pour the rice wine vinegar, hot chilli sauce, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Stir-fry everything to combine. The sauces should combine nicely and the cornstarch from the chicken marinade should thicken the sauce slightly. Add chicken stock if the sauce is too thick.