A take on a spicy Korean dish of chicken and prawns all wrapped in a flat bread.
5 mins + 45 rising time
500 grams chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2 cm chunks
20 fresh or frozen raw prawns, ( defrosted)
2 tsp sesame oil
1 carrot , cut into thin matchsticks
container of leftover cooked rice, reheated
2 eggs, made into a omelette, sliced thin strips
1 cup grated cheese
mayonnaise , put on flat bread
1 1/2 Tbsp hot chilli sauce or Sriracha
1 1/2 Tbsp honey
1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
flat bread re: bakingbydonna or store brought tortilla
- To make marinade, combine the sriracha or chilli sauce , soy sauce, honey in a large bowl. Add the chicken and prawns and stir to coat, set aside for 5 minutes for flavours to develop.
- Heat wok or large fry pan over medium high heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil. Drain the chicken , reserving the marinade. Add 1/4 of the chicken to the wok and stir fry for 3 minutes or until cooked through. Repeat with the remaining sesame oil and chicken and cook the prawns.
- Return chicken to wok with the reserved marinade and bring to the boil. Cook for 2 minutes until it thickens.
- Cook flat bread on a hot grill for 1 minuted until lightly charred. Put on a plate and covered to keep warm. Repeat to cook remainder.
- Divide flat bread evenly among serving plate. Spoon over filling and drizzle with mayonnaise or what ever sauce you like.