My take on a chicken curry
The internet is a good place to find quick and easy recipes. I wanted a quick chicken curry recipe that didn’t need a lot of ingredients and was on the table in less than 30 minutes. This is my take. Hope you give it a try. Served with white rice.
- 340 grams chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 1 medium onion, halved, sliced in small wedges
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 4 tsp curry powder ( I used 2 tsp of mild curry powder)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp tumeric
- salt to taste
- veg oil
- 1/2 red capscium, sliced lengthways and then on a angle
- In a medium bowl, combine sliced chicken , 1 tsp vegetable oil, soy sauce and 1 tsp cornflour. Mix together.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan on high heat. Add 1 tsp oil to pan and cook chicken in one layer. Stir fry chicken just till opaque, remove from wok or fry pan and set aside . Add another tsp oil to wok or fry pan, add onions and capscium. Stir fry for 1 minute. Stir in stock, curry powder, tumeric, sugar.
- Make a slurry out of the remaining cornflour and 2 tsp water and stir into the curry and stock mix. Simmer for 1 minute until thickened. Add cooked chicken back to the pan, stir and allow to simmer for 1 minute. Serve with steamed rice.