chocolate chips biscuits
They are called Sante biscuits because traditionally we made them by cutting up Sante bars: Sante bars are dark chocolate, in narrow bars, which were sold individually (no wrappers, just out of a box of bars).
- 125 grams butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp condensed milk
- few drops vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream butter, sugar, condensed milk and essence until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour and baking powder together. Mix sifted dry ingredients into creamed mixture. Add chocolate chips. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls.
- Place on line baking trays and flatten with a floured fork. Bake for 20 minutes.