Chicken Minestrone soup
When the weather is cooler outside, a chicken minestrone soup will warm you up.
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 rashers bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 large carrot,cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 celery sticks, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 90 grams small dried pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan shavings to serve
- In a large pot, add bacon, onion and herbs and cook gently, constantly stirring for 5 minutes
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery , zucchini and cook 5-7 minutes more. Add shredded cooked chicken and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and cook gently for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the pasta and frozen peas, bring to a boil and cook until the pasta is cooked. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- Serve in warm bowls. Add chopped parsley and shaved parmesan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!