Tikka Masala Drumsticks with pilaf rice cucumber and roti
Chicken Tikka Masala Drumsticks
- 14 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup tikka masala paste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Basmati rice
- 1/2 brown onion , chopped finely
- 2 1/4 cup liquid chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp currants, I used raisins
- 2 Tbsp almond kernels
- 1/2 bunch chopped fresh coriander
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, coarsely chopped
- Combine yoghurt and 2 tablespoons of the paste in a bowl. Add the drumsticks and coat in marinade.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the remaining curry paste and cook, stirring , for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in the rice and onion. Increase heat to medium. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 18 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Set aside, covered for 6 minutes to stand. Use a fork to separate grains.
- Stir in the currants, almonds and half of the coriander. Combine cucumber and remaining coriander in a bowl.