A easy shortbread biscuit with four ingredients, that is creamy and tastes nice. Takes next to no time to make.
- 250 grams butter, softened
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Heat oven to 180 C / 350 F. In a stand mixer, beat butter, icing sugar and vanilla with paddle attachment until creamy. Stir in flour. If dough is crumbly , add 1-2 tbsp of softened butter. Mix the butter into the mixture.
- On a floured surface, tip out mixture and knead until it comes together and forms a dough.
- Roll dough 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into small shapes by hand or use cookie cutters. Place 1/2 inch apart on a baking tray, lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until set and bottoms are light golden brown. Remove from tray and cool on a wire rack till completely cooled. You can leave these biscuits plain or decorate with chocolate and sprinkles.