Quick and easy crepe recipe that substitutes flour with coconut flour.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp olive oil, or as needed
- 1 tin 415g dark cherries or any cherries you like
- Beat eggs, coconut flour, coconut milk, honey, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon together in a bowl until batter is smooth. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Grease a crepe pan on non-stick frypan with olive oil and place pan over low heat, wiping olive oil from the pan with a paper towel. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and immediately tilt pan around until the batter evenly coats the bottom in a thin layer. Cook until the top of the crepe is no longer wet and the bottom has turned light brown, about 30 seconds. Run a spatula around the edge of the pan to loosen , flip the crepe and cook until the other side has turned light brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Put the liquid from the cherries into a saucepan and bring to a boil, lock down the heat to a simmer and add a slurry of 2 teaspoons cornflour and 1 Tablespoon of water, mixed together. Add the slurry and allow the liquid to thicken slightly. Add the cherries into the saucepan to heat through. Take the cherries off the heat and serve with the coconut crepes and a scoop of ice cream