If you like the taste of churros and waffles, you will like the combination of a churro and a waffle made into a churro waffle. The taste of cinnamon sugar and chocolate ganache and vanilla ice cream.
Great tasting churro waffles with cream and chocolate sauce.
3 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cups canola oil
4 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Churro Topping
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
- Chocolate Ganache
8 ozs semisweet or bittersweet dark chocolate
1 cup heavy cream
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In a large jug, whisk together eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Whisk dry ingredients and wet ingredients together until all combined just like a pancake batter. A few lumps and bumps are all good. They work themselves out while the batter rests.
- Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes.
- Heat the cream until it is about to boil, then turn it off. Pour over the chocolate and whisk until smooth and shiny. Set aside until needed.
- Churro Topping
- Melt the butter and set aside. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl until well combined.
- Preheat waffle iron to medium heat. Grease with butter.
Spoon the batter into waffle iron. Cook waffles until golden and crisp. (all waffle irons are different, around 3-4 minutes)
Resist the urge to open the waffle iron while cooking, so as not to let all the hot steam out that gives you a crisp brown waffle.
- Once fully cooked immediately brush with melted butter and sprinkle over your cinnamon sugar. Turn over and do the same on the other side. Be generous with the cinnamon sugar.
Drizzle over the warm rich chocolate sauce. Finish with freshly whipped cream.