Risotto is a northern Italian rice dish cooked with broth until it reaches a creamy consistency. Risotto is a simple rice dish that usually is served as either an appetizer or a main course. The broth can be derived from meat, fish, or vegetables. Many types of risotto contain butter, onion, white wine, and parmesan cheese.
Lemon and Pea Risotto with sliced Chicken Breast
This is my take on risotto. It may seem like a lot of ingredients, but it is so worth all the effort. So I do hope that you will give this dish a try
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Mediterranean dry rub, optional can leave it plain
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 Litre vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 30 grams butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 250 grams double cream, or( thickened cream, but it takes longer to reduce it.)
- Bring the stock just to the boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat and hold at a gentle simmer. In a large pan add oil and cook onion in pan, sweat off onion until softened.
- Add Arborio rice, mix onion in rice. Add 200 mls of stock one cup at a time. Wait until most of the stock is absorbed before adding the next ladleful. Continue for 15 minutes until rice is tender yet firm to the bite and the risotto is creamy. Add the wine and the peas, let the wine cook, and the peas are warmed through. Add lemon juice, then the cream and lastly parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls and then add the chicken breasts sliced on top of risotto.
Chicken in Air fryer
- Sprinkle chicken breast with salt and pepper. Add the teaspoon of olive oil, then the rub.
- Cook for 25 minutes in the air fryer at 180C . Turn frequently to get even cooking. Once cooked cover chicken with foil to keep warm. Slice chicken into slices and then put on top of risotto.