The flavours of Morocco in this inspired chicken tagine dish. Great tasting dish with apricots, raisins and chickpeas.
A Moroccan Inspired Chicken Tagine
- 375 grams chicken pieces, diced
- 1 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 medium carrot, diced small
- 1 Hart and soul recipe base Moroccan tagine
- 1 medium potato, diced small
- 40 mls water
- 12 whole dried apricots
- 40 grams raisins, (optional)
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1 medium tomato, cut into chunks
- Couscous, cooked to packet directions
- In a large frypan heat 1 tablespoon of oil over a medium heat. Add chicken pieces and fry until chicken if golden brown.
- Add your Moroccan spices, shop brought or home made. Stir for 1-2 minutes of until fragrant.
- Add diced tomatoes, chickpeas, carrot, potato and apricots to the pan and stir well.
- Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 30 minutes , or until the chicken pieces are cooked and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the raisins (optional)
- Serve with couscous, but I had none so used rice.