Lemon honey chicken wings
Crispy honey and lemon chicken wings are just the best and so easy to make. The longest part is the cooking of the wings. But they are so worth the time it takes to cook them and then adding the lemon, honey sauce just brings it up another level.
- 1 kg chicken wings, I cut the wing bit off and separate the wing and the drumette
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
Honey lemon sauce
- 1/3 cup runny honey
- 1 lemon, zest and juice of lemon
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 Tbsp water
- Combine the chicken wings with the soy sauce and sugar. Mix well with your hands and massage the marinade into the wings. Set aside while you make the sauce.
- In a saucepan combine the honey, lemon zest and lemon juice. Over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute. Mix the cornflour with the water and stir until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and set aside while the wings cook.
- Fill a wok 1/3 full with the oil and heat until the oil has got to the temperature of 165C/325F. Cook the wings for 10-15 minutes or until the wings are golden brown and cooked through.
- While the wings are still warm, place them in a large bowl and add the sauce and toss until well combined. Serve straight away.