A tasty savoury chicken dish
- 2 kg boneless chicken thighs, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 3 carrots, chopped small
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped small
- 1 brown onion, chopped small
- 5 cloves garlic , crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 can tin tomato
- 2 Tbsp plain yoghurt
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp tumeric
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, instant yeast and salt. In another medium sized bowl whisk together the warm water, yogurt, and olive oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until the dough starts to come together. Lightly flour your your hands and knead into a ball.
- Cover the bowl with a clean towel or plastic wrap and let it double in size in a warm area. About 1 hour.
- Lightly flour a clean surface and shape the dough into a rectangle and cut into about 8 equal parts. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Preheat a skillet to medium high heat. You want the skillet to be very hot. Put the dough onto the hot skillet and flip after about 30 seconds after bubbles start to form and it turns brown. Flip to the other side and cook until it is golden brown and blacked about a minute more.
- Brush cooked naan bread with melted butter.
- In a large pan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook till chicken is browned, about 4-5 minutes. Cook the chicken in batches. Add the ginger, garlic, tomato paste, tin tomato and yoghurt to the pan and half the powder mix. Mix all together and than add the carrot and potato, than the stock. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve the curry on a plate with naan bread and rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!