Leek and Potato Soup
A quick easy and tasty leek and potato soup. Ideal for the cooler days and made in no time.
- 2 leeks, white part only, washed, cut in half, cut into thin slices
- 1 kg potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 20g butter
- 1 litre Chicken stock
- 1-cup cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan melt oil and butter. Add leeks and garlic and cook on med heat until soft.
- Add potatoes and stock and cook for 20 minutes or till soft.
- Using a stick blender or food processor blend till smooth. Return to a clean pot and add cream till warmed through. Season to taste.
- Serve in bowls with crusty bread rolls
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!