Raspberry jam coconut slice
Make this jam and coconut slice that the kids will love. Great with a hot cuppa.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 125 grams unsalted butter, chilled, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a 3cm deep , 24cm x 29cmbase lamington tin
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar and butter to resemble breadcrumbs. Add 1 egg and vanilla. Combine to form a dough.
- Press dough into base of lamington tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until light golden. Spread the jam over warm base.
- Whisk remaining eggs and remaining 1/2 cup sugar together. Stir in coconut. Spread over jam. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden. Cool completely in pan. Cut into pieces. Serve.