Slow cooker Beef Casserole
A lovely beef casserole made with gravy beef is just what is needed for the winter nights. There is nothing hard about this dish. You really want the beef to just fall apart and taste good.
- 1 kg gravy beef, cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium brown onion
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups beef stock
- Make sure that the slow cooker is heated and ready to add the beef and all the other ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cut the beef up into 2cm chunks. Place flour in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Shake off excess flour. In a large saucepan add 2 tablespoons of oil on medium high heat and cook beef until a golden colour, about 3-4 minutes. Repeat with the remaining beef. Once all beef is browned add the tomato paste, soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes. Add the onion, carrot, celery and stock and put all the casserole into your heated slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until beef in cooked.
- Serve your casserole with potato mash, vegetables and with a scone .
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!