Slow cooker spiced chicken soup
This slow cooked spiced chicken soup is the perfect dinner for those those cold winter days.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken marylands skin removed ( can you skinless chicken breasts)
- 1 brown onion , finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Moroccan seasoning (store brought or you could make your own)
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into small pieces
- 1 small piece pumpkin, ( any type of pumpkin you like) peeled , cut into small pieces
- 400 grams passata sauce
- small bundle flat leaf parsley, chopped, garnish
- 1 Litre chicken stock
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook the chicken for 2 mins each side or until brown all over.
- Transfer the chicken to a slow cooker. Add the onion, carrot, celery, Moroccan seasoning, tomato, stock, sweet potato and pumpkin. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high (or 6 hours on low) or until the chicken is very tender.
- Use tongs to transfer the chicken to a plate. Coarsely shred and return to the soup with the broad beans. Season.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls.