Chocolate Raspberry MadeleinesCourse: cakes
Dessert or cake. Chocolate madeleines with a taste of raspberry and dipped in chocolate. These are best enjoyed freshly baked, or within a day.
140 grams butter
40 grams bittersweet chocolate
3 grams vanilla bean paste
90 grams coconut sugar
65 grams raspberry puree
140 gram plain flour
3 grams baking powder
20 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate
2 Tbsp chocolate bits
- Chop chocolate into small pieces. Set aside
- Cut butter into cubes and melt in the microwave and allow to cool.
- Break eggs into a medium bowl. Add the vanilla paste and raspberry puree. Whisk in the sugar until smooth.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder onto a sheet of parchment. Add the egg mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Add the melted butter and stir in the chopped chocolate pieces until evenly distributed.
- Cover the batter by pressing cling wrap directly onto the surface of the batter. Allow to rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Generously butter the madeleine molds and sift with generous amounts of cocoa powder onto the mold. Shake off any excess cocoa powder. Spoon the batter into the molds.
- Bake on the middle rack for 10-12minutes. Immediately turn the madeleines out onto a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave bowl on 30 seconds blasts or until the chocolate is melted and stir until smooth.
- Dip madeleines into the chocolate, sprinkle with more chocolate bits or shaved chocolate. Allow to set before serving.
- You can use fresh raspberries or frozen. Heat the berries in a bowl in the microwave and using a fine sieve press the raspberries through to get a nice puree.